Joomla Basic Tags
Joomla basic Tags is a no-frills, functional, article tagging implementation.
Why would you want to use a basic tagging implementation when there are so many robust tagging extensions already on the Joomla market? Because Joomla BasicTags is simple, uncluttered and easy!
Borrowing from a less-is-more mentality, we designed a system that's well-integrated, easily themeable, with subtle-interfaces that doesn't confuse your users.
- SEF friendly - sh404sef plugin included.
- Joomla Friendly - Uses only the exposed Joomla APIS, no messy code-patches needed.
- HTML Tag Descriptions - Includes fully functional tag detail views.
- Easily theme-able - Uses Joomla's existing theming interfaces.
- Controlled Tag Entries - by the site's Administrator.
- No article pre-save required - Able to associate tags with newly created articles before the article"s been saved for the first time.
- Multiple Component Views - Tag info view, Articles for tag list.
- Multiple modules - View all Tags, View Related Tags.
- Simple to use - uncomplicated dialogs/interfaces.
1. First, install all the Joomla packages below. Be sure to install the "Site Components" package first.
2. Once installed, navigate to "Extensions" ... "Plugin Manager" in your administrative section. Filter-Search for "basictag". Select and Enable the: Content, Button, and System plugins.
3. (Optional/Recommended) Navigate to "Extensions" ... "Module Manager". Find and enabled the "Show All BasicTags" & "Show BasicTag Related Articles" modules. You might want to Change the module titles to fit your site nomenclature while you"re at it, perhaps even configure them to display only where you want them on the site..
4. (Optional) Create Joomla menu entries linking specific tags and/or articles-by-tag listings in your site's navigation tree.
Usage & Configuration
Once installed, assigning Tags to articles is as simple as clicking the "Tags" button , and checking off the tags you wish to assign your content.
Tags can be further managed in the site administration under "Components"... "Basic Tags".
Basic Tags v 1.00:
Basic Tags - Site Components v1.00
Basic Tags - System Plugin v1.00
Basic Tags - Content Plugin v1.00
Basic Tags - EditorXTD Plugin v1.00
Basic Tags - Show All BasicTags Module v1.00
Basic Tags - Show Related Articles Module v1.00