Break it Down: Top 10 Ft. Lauderdale Laptop Repair Disasters Waiting to Happen
A laptop is an accident waiting to happen.
This is good news for us, in the sense that it can mean business even in a down economy. It is not, however, good news for the users who experience accidents - even if we provide the most efficient and affordable computer services.
Much as we tout our Fort Lauderdale computer repair offerings, you would rather not have to ever worry about such things and we understand. So here are top 10 ways to break your laptop. So you can avoid them, that is.
10. Violence. Striking a laptop with your fist, even while (the laptop is) closed, will probably jostle and stop the machine, according to experts. Ya think? Estimated Ft. Lauderdale computer repair cost: $1,000.
9. Facebook freak-outs. A teenager discovers a picture of their significant other kissing another person, becomes outraged and flings her MacBook off the desk in disgust. Don't act like this hasn't happened. Estimated Ft. Lauderdale computer repair cost: $475.
8. Flying objects. Similar to #9 and #10. Thrown objects hurled at decent speed can easily break a laptop's screen. Again ... ya think? Resist the urge to hurl a phone or remote control at your screen. Estimated Fort Lauderdale computer repair cost: $500.
7. Airplane antics. The guy in the seat in front of you moves his seat back while your laptop is on the floor, crushing the case and breaking the logic board. Estimated Fort Lauderdale computer repair cost: $400.
6. Booting. Not booting up, just booting. College kids know what we're talking about. Estimated Boca Raton computer repair cost: N/A
5. Face Plants. Your sleeping body weight can bend the case, and may also ruin the screen if you pass out on your laptop. At least grab a pillow first. Estimated Miami computer repair cost: 325
4. Mac as a Foot Stool. Believe us when we tell you that no laptop computer is designed to support your weight. Unfortunate, we know, but factual. Estimated Boca Raton computer repair cost: Depends on extent of damage.
3. Closing something inside. Lately, Miami computer repair work involving laptops that crush an object closed inside it and cause damage is growing with alarming speed. Fortunately, it'll just bust a few keys. Estimated Miami computer repair cost: $200.
2. Not kid-proof. At the very least, your toddler can learn the valuable lesson of gravity. Not that it will make you feel better at the time, but still. Silver linings. Estimated Ft. Lauderdale computer repair cost: $300.
1. Starbucks. Or Dunkin Donuts. Whatever your brand of choice, liquid spills on a laptop's keyboard short them out every time. So many laptops are killed by coffee there should be a warning on cups. Estimated Fort Lauderdale computer repair cost: $300-700.